Description and Concept of TSA – Aviation Technology
Yunus Emre Institute is planning to organize the first TABIP Summer Science Academy between 20 July – 2 August 2019, in close cooperation with a number of prestigious companies and universities of Turkey operating in the space and aviation sector. The TSA will be held in the four main cities of Turkey: İstanbul, Ankara, Kayseri, and İzmir.
The aim of the TSA – Aviation Technology is to awaken the participant students’ enthusiasm for science and research. Starting from the 20th of July until the 2nd of August, about 20 students from all over the world will meet for a qualified science program. In the framework of the TSA, the students will attend specific seminars and training programs of the companies and the universities, they will be introduced to scientific routines in genuine research labs of the partner companies and universities, they will take part in working group activities and at the end of their stay, and they are expected to write a brief research report.
The social program of the TSA offers the participants weekend outings to other parts of Turkey, including a trip to Beypazarı / Cappadocia / Safranbolu with a guided tour of the city, historical tour in İstanbul and an excursion to Ephesus, İzmir.
The Yunus Emre Institute will cover all of the expenses regarding the accommodation and transportation of the participants within the program. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will also be included within the program.
- Currently be an undergraduate or graduate student/researcher in a university in the fields of Space and Aviation, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Control Systems Engineering or related fields
- Fluency in the English language (Please note that all courses will be held in English)
- Currently living in a country other than the Republic of Turkey
- Be a young researcher, ages 18 – 35
- At least GPA of 3.00 / 4.00
Application and Selection Procedure
Applicants should provide the following required documents via e-mail.
- Application Form (click here to download the form)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation / Cover Letter (.pdf document, max. 2 pages)
- Your Research Outline, if any
- Complete List of Publications, if any
- At Least One Article / Publication as a Sample (.pdf document, max. 10 MB)
- A Reference Letter
- English Language Proficiency
- Copy of ID or Passport (.png or .pdf, max. 10 MB)
- Certificates, if any (max. 5)
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she has submitted all the necessary documents.
All of the above-mentioned documents must be sent by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will confirm your application by e-mail once received.
After the applications have been checked to ensure that it meets the formal requirements, applicants will be notified about the selection. If required, our responsible team may need to make an online audition.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Partner Companies and Universities
- Turkish Aircraft Industries Corporation (TAI)
- Middle East Technical University (ODTU)
- İstanbul Technical University (ITU)
- Erciyes University
- Altınay Aerospace & Advanced Technologies Inc.
- FEV (Forschungsgesellschaft für Energietechnik und Verbrennungsmotoren)
You can download the provisional agenda here.